Saturday, 7 January 2012

A walk in the woods...

After an unsuccessful hunting trip for beaver this morning, myself and my friend Jon Anders decided to take out his two English Setters Hedda and Brutus for some training and to do some scouting in our terrain as there has been some fresh snow fall. I also took the opportunity to check on my game camera but unfortunately the only pics it captured was me after leaving it and when returning!

It only took 10 minutes before his older more experienced dog Hedda was on point, we crept up to her position as she was wearing a GPS collar to see a black grouse burst from the tree line, we'll make another visit to this area when the bird season is open. Whilst walking in the terrain we also came across roe deer and fox tracks, so we'll be checking in on this area during the spring before the roe buck season starts and we might try for a fox later in the winter.

Here's a couple of pics of Hedda:

Hedda on point.
Posing for the camera.
Hopefully I will get the chance to shoot my first Capercaillie over her in the coming bird season.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! =)

      Hedda is a good dog, my friend who owns her has shot lots of birds over her.

      I'm actually thinking about getting a shorthair dachs/ tax for roe deer hunting over here in Norway, can you recommend any good breeders in Sweden?

      Thanks for looking at my blog!

      God jakt!

      Delete

Dont be shy, leave a comment! :-)