Monday, 4 July 2011

New Game Camera

After a lot of reading and researching on the internet I decided to purchase a game camera so I could check out what game was visiting the areas where I hunt. As the roe buck hunt in Norway doesn't start till the 10th August this was the perfect excuse to get one and see what bucks are about in my terrain so I can increase my chances of being in the right place at the right time, it will also be useful to get an idea about the number of moose in the area prior to the moose hunt in October as both animals use the same tracks/ paths.

The camera I purchased is an Ltl Acorn 5210 MM, this camera has the capability to send MMS pictures direct to your mobile phone night and day due to the Infa-Red lights, so it wil be great to have instant MMS of the action as it occurs at the camera. The camera is also very small measuring 5.5 x 3.5 x 2.5 inches and it takes 8 AA batteries, the arial for the MMS is hidden inside so as to keep the unit compact.

Here's a few pics of the camera.


I will make sure to update my blogg with updates of any interesting photo's taken over the following months.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet - looking forward to the pix
    SBW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! I love trail cams. Just ordered a new one. A Bushnell from Cabelas. Looking forward to try it out. I will also collect the memory card from my other cam this evening. Can't wait to if there's been any movement. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments, I'm really excited to see the results :-)

    Will post up pics as soon as I get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool toys i use them all the time great hunting tool good way to learn just what and who is in your hunting area

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, yes I agree very useful piece of kit.

      I always get excited when I check the memory cards.

      Delete

Dont be shy, leave a comment! :-)