Tuesday, 17 August 2010

Roe Buck Trophy

Having shot my first roe buck with horns I decided I would like to have a European Skull mount made so I could display it on the wall of my house. I have never done this before but had a friend watching over me to make sure I didn't mess up.

We skinned out the head a few days ago and then sat it in a bucket of water for a couple of days to draw out all the blood. The next step was to boil the head for a couple of hours to loosen up all the flesh so it was easy to scrape clean. After scraping it clean which took about 30 mins it was time to cover the skull in paper towels and soak with peroxide to bleach the skull a nice white colour. After 48 hours of bleaching the skull was ready, I haven't cut the skull at this stage but I will have this done in the future so it will mount nicely on a wooden shield.

Below is a pic of both my first roe deer and my latest addition.

Latest addition 2010 =)

First ever roe deer, a small buck calf

1 comment:

Dont be shy, leave a comment! :-)