Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Scouting my new terrain

Took a short trip out to my new hunting terrain with a friend on the weekend to look for signs of rutting roe buck and try out the new GPS mentioned in my previous post. We didn't find any signs of scraping or marking so it appears it's still a little early, however we did see tracks from both roe deer and moose, good to know they're in the area! We identified several good areas for the start of the buck hunting season and I plotted these in my GPS for future reference and locating.

We also visited some areas where there is known to be beaver activity and we weren't dissapointed, lots of fresh signs and tracks. I've never hunted beaver before so I'm looking forward to the possibilities when the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont be shy, leave a comment! :-)