Thursday, 1 July 2010

My new toy! Garmin Astro 220 - GPS Dog Tracking Unit

I have been longing after a new GPS system for some time and have spent many hours scouring the internet researching into all the gizmos and bells and whistles the different models come with, well to cut a long story short today I took delivery of a Garmin Astro 220. This GPS system not only does the normal GPS stuff, it also enables you to real-time track any hunting dogs in your team which are wearing the special GPS collars. This will be a great adition to the upcoming hunting season allowing me to track the dogs on both the moose hunt and roe deer hunts.

Below is a pic of the GPS unit and I will make some future posts with the saved routes from the dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dont be shy, leave a comment! :-)